Fish Farming potential in Nigeria is about 600,000 metric tonnes, but current production of 30,000 to 31,000 metric tonnes represent a mere 3.3 to 3.5 percent of the potential. In recent times, interest in fish farming has been gathering momentum under the push of various government policies. Within this decade however, some adventurous Nigerians have invested in fish farming and they are making good returns on their investments, most especially on fingerlings production.
However, most of these farms are small to medium in size without adequate facility to produce their own seeds particularly the clarias catfish species that do not produce in captivity. These species are most preferred by the farmers and consumers alike thus any deliberate efforts to ensure the availability of this product (fish seed) will bring about huge returns of dividend.
However, decision to invest should be based on the economic viability which is shown in the cost/estimates shown below. With positive gross and net profit expected in the first year of operation, there is no doubt that the business of producing poultry eggs, table size fish and fish seed is viable, more also when there is large market for the products. If embarked upon the pay back period of investment will be very short (about 2 years payback period) thus the business is rewarding.
BENEFITS THAT WILL BE OBTAINED FROM THE PROJECT
- It will serve as a means of subsidizing the price of fingerlings for farmers in the State and environs.
- It will also generate more fund for the state since the profit margin is wide.
- It will lead to employment of skilled and unskilled workers for the indigenes of state as a whole.
- This will serve as a means of producing quality fingerlings (fish seeds) to restock our depleted natural rivers, lakes and ponds in order to assist our artisanal fishermen.
- This will help to increase the supply of fingerlings to farmers.
- This will also serve as Fisheries Research and Training Centre for farmers through seminar and workshop.
- This will promote the image of the state in the area of fish production.
- This will increase fish production and thereby helping us to meet our protein demand which oil exploration had reduced in the past till date.
- This will serve as a means of diversification of our economy.
VIABILITY OF THE PROJECT
The land in question should be about
10 hectares. It should consist of soil
suitable for fish (50% clay content at least).
The water table should be a bit high so that pond can retain water
throughout the year; so that few boreholes can be enough for production. The area should be connected to power supply.
PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONAL PLAN
THE POSSIBLE LAYOUT PLAN OF THE FARM
Since the suggesting project is integrated fish farm (fish-cum-poultry) the layout plan should be vertical and horizontal integration. These can comprise of:
- Twenty production ponds in which ten should be vertically integrated (200m2).
- Ten earthy nursery ponds (150m2).
- Twenty outdoor concrete nursery tanks (5m2).
- Four brood stock ponds (200m2).
- One zooplankton Nursery pond (180m2).
- Twelve hatchery tanks (Dimension 1.5m).
- Store/feed milling building block.
- Security block.
- Administrative block
Complete Business Plan/Business Proposal costs N5,000 naira only. To get the Full and Complete Business Plan/Business Proposal, Pay To:
|BANK||GT BANK PLC|
|ACCOUNT NO||0463384315 (CURRENT ACCOUNT)|
Contact Solomon on 09060276634, 09024640145 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your payment details.